Pneumatic Vacuum Elevators (PVE)
Powered by Air
The pneumatic vacuum home elevator(PVE) is a relatively new technology that uses very little power to operate. The home lift requires minimal space and installation time, and can be fitted to most buildings either as new or as a retrofit.
The pneumatic vacuum elevator allows the user to seamlessly move between floors with the added bonus of a 360 degree panoramic view through the transparent polycarbonate car and cylinder walls.
This personal home lift is available in three models: single person use, up to three people or wheelchair use with attendant.
How does it work?
Changes in air pressure allows the vacuum lift to move up and down. The car travels in response to changes in air pressure on top of and under the cab. As the lift descends the air pressure below the cab is reduced, whilst the air pressure above is increased. The reverse occurs for the lift to ascend.
PVE’S Features & Benefits
- No pit excavation, hoist-way, or machine room required. Installation within one to three days
- Two to five stops for residential, and stage applications [50ft. (15m) total rise]
- Ideal for new and existing homes due to the minimal footprint required to accommodate the structure
- Self-supporting structure – the elevator is capable of freestanding on any level ground surface
- Green Elevator – minimal energy consumption required during ascent and no energy necessary for descent
- Modern design allows 360º visibility without cables or pistons to block vision
- Minimal maintenance – no lubricants or regular service required
- Absolute safety – in the event of a power failure, the elevator cab automatically descends to the lowest level and the electromechanical door opens to allow passengers to exit
- 220Volt single phase service required for elevator operation and all cabin electric circuits are 24 volts
- Extremely smooth starting and stopping operations
- ASME A17.7 Code Compliance Certified
- Machinery Directive 2006/ 42EC Certified Components
The pneumatic vacuum elevator consists of three major components – the exterior cylinder, the elevator car and the suction assembly.
- Exterior assembly – a smooth transparent vertical cylinder made of polycarbonate and aluminium frame that can be installed almost anywhere.
- Elevator car – runs inside the cylinder on rails or columns which form part of the same self supporting structure of the cylinder. The walls of the car are also made of transparent polycarbonate panels. The car is equipped with an anchoring system that activates on reaching the indicated floor.
- Suction Assembly – located on the top of the cylinder. Houses the turbine engines, valves, and the PVE control board.