Pneumatic Vacuum Elevators (PVE)
Powered by Air
PVEPneumatic Vacuum Elevators, LLC is the designer and manufacturer of the vacuum elevator. PVE is an innovative, technology-based company that has revolutionized how people and goods may be verti-cally transported within residential, marine and stage environments. Through the application of fundamental physics and the utilization of attractive materials, PVE has virtu-ally created a transportation vehicle within a bubble. Founded in 2002, in Miami, Florida, the company proudly manufactures three versions of its vacuum elevators, ranging from single to a three-passenger, wheelchair-accessible model. Rather than using cables or pistons, PVE manufactures the only elevator that is powered by one of the most abundant resources in the world… AIR!Due to its minimal footprint, rapid installation and a unique panoramic design, the vacuum elevator goes where other elevators simply cannot. PVE maintains an expanding network of more than 250 authorized dealers worldwide.
PVE’S Features & Benefits
- No pit excavation, hoist-way, or machine room required Installation within one to three days
- Two to five stops for residential, marine, and stage applications [50ft. (15m) total rise]
- Ideal for new and existing homes due to the minimal footprint required to accommodate the structure
- Self-supporting structure: the elevator is capable of freestanding on any level ground surface
- “Green Elevator:” minimal energy consumption required during ascent and no energy necessary for descent
- Modern design allows 360º visibility without cables or pistons that block vision
- Minimal maintenance: no lubricants or regular service required
- Absolute safety: in the event of a power failure, the elevator cab automatically descends to the lowest level and the electromechanical door opens to allow passengers to exit
- 220Volt single phase service required for elevator operation and all cabin electric circuits are 24 volts
- Extremely smooth starting and stopping operations
- ASME A17.7 Code Compliance Certified
- Machinery Directive 2006/ 42EC Certified Components
There are three main components to the transparent, self-supporting vacuum elevator:
Made up of an aluminum frame and polycarbonate panels.
Made of steel, which houses the brake and safety mechanisms along with the proprietary seal located on top of the car.
Located on top of the upper cylinder. Houses the turbine engines, valves, and the PVE control board.